Terms and Conditions
- PAYMENT The Exhibitor (the term Exhibitor herein refers to the person or entity executing this contract, this also encompasses each of its shareholders, directors, officers, employees, contractors, agents, representatives, volunteers, assigns and/or invitees as applicable) agrees to pay the total amount depicted on this contract. The Exhibitor will pay any/all bank charges in the event of any cheques returned due to insufficient funds. Any/all provincial and federal taxes applicable during the event will be the responsibility of the Exhibitor. Any unpaid balance for exhibit space on agreed upon due dates, will result in forfeiture of exhibit space.
- SET-UP AND TEAR DOWN The Exhibitor agrees to prepare and set up all exhibit/display equipment prior to the end of the set up day. Only with the authorization of Expert Shows (the term Expert Shows herein refers to, collectively 1068808 BC Ltd, its partners, officers, directors, subsidiaries, agents, affiliates, representatives, employees and assigns), will Exhibitors be permitted to set up on the morning of the first Show (the term Show herein refers to the specific event name as indicated at the beginning of this contract) day, in either case, Exhibitor agrees to be completely set up prior to installation of carpets. Exhibitor agrees that goods will not be delivered or removed during Show hours and that no exhibit/display equipment is to be dismantled prior to the end of the Show. Exhibitor agrees to have all exhibit/display equipment removed from the Show site by the end of the final move out day. If the Exhibitor fails to remove exhibit/display equipment prior to the end of the move out day, or if any damage caused to exhibit space occurs, Exhibitor agrees to incur any/all expense(s) in the event that Expert Shows deems it necessary to ship, store or dispose of Exhibitor exhibit/display equipment and/or repair and restore damaged exhibit space.
- EXHIBIT GUIDELINES Lotteries and/or gambling of any kind, including the sale of raffle tickets will not be permitted. Printed matter and samples of any kind, and/or various types of promotional material, can only be distributed within the confines of the contracted exhibit space. Any products or services deemed inappropriate by Expert Shows will be terminated and/or removed. The Exhibitor will only be permitted to advertise, sell or promote products and services approved and included in Exhibit contract. All audio and/or visual equipment must be authorized by Expert Shows. In the event that the Exhibitor is deemed to have inappropriate or disruptive activity as the result of audio, visual or any other means, Expert Shows will reserve the right to have equipment removed and/or in extreme circumstances will be grounds for termination of contract and removal of Exhibitor. Exhibit materials and/or booth decorations must be kept within the contracted exhibit space. No exhibit materials or booth decorations will be permitted which obstruct the visibility of another exhibit. All signs must be one sided and no hand written signs will be permitted, professional signs only. No tents will be permitted without the consent of Expert Shows. All tables must have floor length skirting with professional pleated or gathered skirting only. No plastic skirting will be permitted. Fastening to walls, floors, ceilings or any part of the event location building will not be permitted. Decals, stickers or similar products are not permitted. The Exhibitor’s exhibit/display equipment cannot exceed eight feet in height and this eight-foot height restriction only extends three feet out from exhibit space back wall. Exhibitor’s exhibit/display equipment must maintain a height of three feet or less in the entire front section of exhibit space, only excluding the back three feet. Any exceptions to any of these height restrictions must be with the consent of Expert Shows. Exhibitor retains full responsibility of safely installing any non rented floor covering, if adhesives are used to affix carpet in exhibit space, then removal of tape/residue/any other adhesive material used remains the responsibility of the Exhibitor. Any costs incurred for removal will be billed directly to the Exhibitor. Any/all damage(s) to the building or Show equipment will be the full responsibility of the Exhibitor.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY Exhibitor maintains sole responsibility for all personal property, including theft, damage or any/all other losses to its personal property. Neither Exhibiting Venue (the term Exhibiting Venue henceforth refers to the facility in which the Show presides) or Expert Shows will be responsible, nor will a bailment be created, for its property delivered by or to the Exhibitor. Neither Exhibiting Venue or Expert Shows will be liable for, and Exhibitor hereby releases them all from, and covenants not to sue any of them with respect to, any/all losses, risks, liabilities and damages detailed and outlined in this paragraph. Expert Shows makes no express or implied warranties or representations, in regards to the nature and number of attendees and/or Exhibitors attending the Show or regarding any/all other matters. By participating and being present at the Show, the Exhibitor expressly assumes any/all risks and dangers resulting from, associated with, or arising as a result, including, without limitation, all risks of loss, harm, theft, damage or injury to the person (including death), property, business or profits of Exhibitor, whether caused by negligence, cancellation of Show, intentional act, accident, act of God or otherwise. Under no circumstances shall the Exhibiting Venue and/or Expert Shows be held liable for any loss of profit or any incidental, special, punitive, indirect or consequential damages of any kind for any of their acts or omissions, whether or not as the possible result of any such lost profits or damages.
- INSURANCE The Exhibitor is required to furnish a copy of a valid general liability insurance policy, encompassing the term of this contract, with a minimum of $2,000,000.00 listing Expert Shows as additional insured. Any additional insurance which the Exhibitor may require for their personal merchandise for fire, theft etc. remains the responsibility of the Exhibitor.
- USE OF SPACE, OCCUPANCY AND SUB-LETTING Expert Shows will do its best to keep companies in similar categories from being adjacent to each other; but, there is no guarantee that you will not be located next to a company in a similar category. Expert Shows will not be responsible for any such instance. Expert Shows will reserve the right to alter an Exhibitors location and/or the floor plan if Expert Shows deems it necessary for the Show’s best interests. The space contracted for is to be used solely by and for the Exhibitor whose name appears on this contract, and it is agreed the hours and dates for installing, occupying and dismantling exhibits shall be those specified by Expert Shows. The Exhibitor will occupy the exhibit space assigned to them at the time of Exhibitor registration. Any alterations, changes or re-assignment of exhibit space can only be done at the sole discretion of Expert Shows. The Exhibitor agrees to set up and install their display and occupy their assigned space during Show hours, failure to comply will result in Expert Shows taking possession of exhibit space, this will not release Exhibitor from any obligation or liability hereunder. In the event of such an occurrence, there will be no refund issued. Exhibitor will not sublet, assign, lend or share any part or portion thereof, of their assigned exhibit space without the consent of Expert Shows.
- EXHIBITOR CONTACT INFORMATION The Exhibitor hereby authorizes Expert Shows to provide Exhibitors’ contact information, including applicable email addresses to any/all Show contractors/suppliers etc. for the purpose of assisting the execution of this Show. Exhibitor hereby authorizes, as a result of this contract to exhibit, a fully paid, non-exclusive continuing license to reproduce display and use the name, product names and trade names of Exhibitor in any/all electronic, print or any other media and all Expert Show promotional material. Expert Shows will not be responsible or liable for any/all errors as a result of any publication or broadcast. Any intellectual property including trademarks, copyrights, etc. which are being used by Exhibitor and promoted at the Show, is being done at the sole discretion of the Exhibitor and the Exhibitor warrants that is has the right or license to do so. The Exhibitor authorizes Expert Shows to video, record or take photos and personnel for promotional use during the term of this contract.INDEMNIFICATION The Exhibitor agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Expert Shows and the Exhibiting Venue, their respective shareholders, directors, officers, employees, contractors, agents, representatives, volunteers, assigns and/or invitees as applicable, from any/all claims, demands, suits, liabilities, losses, damages (including legal expenses and fees), charges and costs of any kind as a result of or arising from: (a) Exhibitors’ occupancy of, presence at or participation in exhibit space and/or its environs, (b) any infringement, violation or claim of infringement and/or violation of any ordinance or law or the rights of any parties, as the result of any copyright, patent, trade secret, trademark or any other right deemed proprietary; (c) the result of a breach by Exhibitor of any, covenants, promises, agreements or any other obligations included in this contract; (d) any matter in which the Exhibitor is otherwise responsible as a result of the terms of this contract; (e) any vilification, slander, defamation, libel or similar claims as a result of the actions of Exhibitor; (f) personal injury or harm, death, property damages or any other damages including act of God, sustained by the Exhibitor, Expert Shows, the Exhibiting Venue, visitors, Show sponsors or other Exhibitors, or those whom the Exhibitor is deemed responsible in law. CONFLICT RESOLUTION Expert Shows reserves the right to determine, at it’s sole discretion, any decisions and all other matters pertaining to the Show, which, are not covered by this contract. Expert Shows and it’s Show management maintain the right to alter, enforce and amend policies as they deem necessary to maintain the professionalism and integrity of the Show and health and safety of its exhibitors and attendees. CANCELLATION If the Exhibitor reduces the size of the exhibit space from the contracted amount, Expert Shows reserves the right to treat this as a cancellation. Lack of attendance and failure to appear and exhibit at the Show will not be grounds for release of Exhibitor’s responsibility for full payment due because of this contract. If for any reason, Expert Shows is forced to cancel the Show under any circumstances, Expert Shows will not be liable for any amount in excess of what the Exhibitor actually paid as a result of this contract. Exhibitor waives any/all compensation and/or damage claims as a result of cancellation of the Show.